View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #127
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

I'm not sure you have a clear picture of the emotional state of folks who are being careful

Sure I do. My urgin' isn't for folks like you & me. All the items on my list...

Wash your hands, don't touch your pretty face, don't be so touchy-feely, consult your doc if you're worried, don't look to employees for solutions, don't listen to talkin' heads, and calm down.

...are commonsensical things I was doin' before commie flu. I imagine most of you were doin' the same ('cept for the gov lovers/apologists).

I could imagine your terror of expert advice and government

Terror? No, annoyance.

but I hope that isn't your state.

I assume you're talkin' about Louisiana and not of mind.

In the tri-parish area things are calm, local elected folks do their job (advise & caution). Insofar as I can tell, this is mostly the case throughout the state (with the exception of Orleans [three hours to the east of me] where the bulk of Louisiana Fu Manflu infection is happenin').

On the state level there's a thinly disguised hysteria at play, evidenced by willingness on the Governor's part to treat the whole state as a hot spot.

I have employees for exactly this situation, so that they can advise me about things I lack expertise in.

I consulted my doc, I do my own readin', keep my own counsel. I mind the elected folks only to navigate 'em.

I am hopeful that due to social distancing the death count will be low enough so that you can continue to make your claims.

Me too. As for my claims: I'm just lookin' at global , national, regional, state, and local numbers (mostly I use John Hopkins).