View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #72
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
... the likely limited attack on Assad will accomplish two goals for Obama ...
But, but it dashes my plans to set up shops on the borders and sell gas masks to tourists!

Quote:
... I do not feel as strongly but there are many policy makers that strongly believe any WMD use should be punished. ...
As long as it's understood that it's just punishment and not deterrence. We took out Saddam; but, that didn't deter Bashar. It would be interesting to see what those policy makers would do if Russia or Israel used WMD on someone other than us.

Quote:
... Right now our two biggest enemies in the Middle East, Al-Qaeda Islamist and Iran, are heavily invested in this civil war. While it is not in our (U.S.) interests to get involved right now, it is in our interests to make sure these two groups keep pouring their attention and money into the civil war instead of other activities. Lately, Assad has been gaining the upper advantage and a limited strike may balance the playing field. ...
Ah, so we're just using the Syrian people as patsies by maintaining an even keel and WMD is a red herring. Well, why doesn't the Prez should just say so and let us all sleep better at night? [rhetorical]
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote