View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 03:50 AM   #26
Dr Nookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon
I have a chronic, disfiguring, and debilatating diesese. It is called hydritinitas superativa. I came down with this painful and unpleasant condition in Aug. '77. When I reported for sick call I was told to "take a shower and get back to work." All I could do is say Aye Aye Sir, and do what I was told to do. I finished my time in the Coast Guard proudly, even though I never advanced beyond Seaman E-3, I became the goto guy for communications, navigation,and search planning. If you think I am uneducated, think again. My nose was always in a book, navigation, seamanship, management, mathematics, and the bible just to name a few. I would take watches so my shipmates could go out and party. I would use the time to study and learn all I could about how to manage ships and men at sea.

One of my mentors at that time was the Captian of the CGC Point Hobart Virgil Kroupa, Master Chief Boatswainsmate, Old Guard and very salty.
He knew of my medical condition and kept me around because in his words "that damn Spanky is the only real sailor on this fuckin boat." I worked very hard to be the best Coast Guardsman I could be. It was all for nought. In April 1980 it ended. I got out and went job hunting, when you have a zit the size of a baseball bust open during an interview that pretty much ends the job search, Captains license or not.

I ended up working at a rental yard for minimum wage. So I picked up and learned every thing I could about heavy equipment, and constrution, worked several jobs in and around SoCal, Arizona, and Nevada for two years. Then I had to have several pustules surgicly removed. 6 weeks later I had no job, and the insurance co. said preixesting condition. I got a bill from the hospital for $52,000.00. I pumped gas with a big hole in my butt, and drove a cab on my day off. I lost my house because I could not make the payments on it. I was able to sell for enough to pay off the mortgage. I ended up in the hospital again with the same thing. I was devistated, I ended up homeless with even more debt.

My life has been a series of ups and downs. I never applied for welfare or any public assistance, I would get a job and work untill I ended up in the ER with toxemia or some other kind of blood poisining. All with the same result.

Fast forward to the present day, I live with my wife in a glorified motel room. I am still in and out of the hospital, I get a VA compensation of $485.00 a month. My wife has a good job and we are slowly paying down our debts. I refuse to give up, I am going to school on line studying visual communications.

Starting over is never easy, and starting over at 50 is a real challenge, but I'm gonna do it and excel!

First you swaety mother-fucker learn how to spell the so called medical condition that you suffer from PROPERLY..then learn some basic hygiene you stinky fat fuck!!

DN