View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #87
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by Chefranden
Actually it is not a matter if any of us believe it. What matters is if bin Laden & Co. believe it. I for one think they do.
But....didn't you just say that your belief about it didn't matter? :-)
Quote:

People who are in things for personal gain don't fly in airplanes they know will dive into buildings!
So at least some of &Co. are acting out of their deep principles and beliefs which by their actions they prove their seriousness.
I don't doubt the islamo-fascists *seriousness*; I take their deadly intent very seriously. Hence this entire thread.

We haven't seen binLaden or Zawahiri themselves flying any airplanes into buildings. And even their minons who did were convinced a martyr's reward awaited them personally at the end of the tunnel. This doesn't demonstrate that the movement as a whole is "principled", any more than Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite or others of their ilk were. How much time have we all spent studying *their* beliefs for "interesting social insights"--beyond adding to the demagogery HOW-TO?

Of course, <b>they</b> only killed members of their own cult. These folks have higher ambitions than that.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote