View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
Ceri
Recruit or Something

Birth defects seem to be becoming more common in most creatures including humans, though this is possibly just the higher rate of reporting rather than proof of chemicals causing defects. However with fun things like mad cow disease out there I'd be weary of eating anything with such a defect, since there are often other problems with the animal that could cause unexpected side effects when consumed.

And given the use of hormones in promoting growth in chickens I've almost given up on eating the meat given the fact the hormones used in some cases are known to cause sterility in humans.

However I like the drumsticks too, though most of my family prefer breast meat.

It's interesting how these sorts of things get people's attention. My science room in high school had a pair of bull testes in a bottle of formaldhyde, and a stuffed two headed jersey calf, know a few students who paid more attention to the PT Barnum collection in the room than the teacher screaming at them, and yes he screamed you could hear him quite clearly at the sickbay which was nearly half a mile away.
Ceri is offline   Reply With Quote