View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

The delivery charge was £3.75.

If the total value of the order is below £40, then the delivery charge is £6.75 and if it's above £100 it's free delivery.

If I were to take a bus into town, and a bus back it would cost me £3.50 and I'd have to walk at both ends of the return journey, from the store to the bus station (5 mins) and from the bus stop to my house (7 mins) carrying the bags.

If I went by taxi it would cost me £12 there and back.

The only way the fee is significantly more expensive than travelling there myself is if I get a lift with Mum. And that just means she's the one paying the cost of petrol not me.

What you don't get though are the short date savers. The reduced for quick sale meals and bakery goods for instance.

I think it works well as a monthly basics shop to be supplemented through the month with smaller shops.

Next time I might try tescos and see what that works out at. Or even ASDA.

Not as cheap as a bus up to LIDL but then again that would mean shopping at LIDL...

Have to say I'd recommend it to anybody who has a family and therefore gets savings on bulk items (rather than just the toilet rolls and stuff like that which even a singleton can bulk buy) as a basics shop.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote