View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
Cloud

You would discriminate against someone based on their name? (shock) I think that's indescribably awful! I'm also trying to figure out what the problem is with "Farah Khan." (saying it to myself trying to figure out if it works out to something nasty).

My philosophy in naming my kids is short enough and common enough to be recognizable and spellable--but uncommon enough not to be everyone else's names. My kids, however named theirs . . . well, LOL! they're a lot worse!

sometimes, it's not the parents fault, i.e., when it's the last name. I come across bad names all the times in law firms name. Like: Butt. or Hitler. I mean, come on--I'd change it.

On the other hand, if you're a guy and you have a really horrible name--you can become a professional football player. Ever notice how many of those guys have awful names? (my favorite is Dick Butkus "Butt-Kiss"). I theorize that they had to toughen up because of their name, and ended up big and tough--and playing football.