View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #25
Coign
Wanted Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Whew. I'm glad we (they) slaughtered them (us) and stopped them (us) from bastardizing our (their) land.

Long live the American Holocaust, so people like Coign can feel big and strong. Your solely opinion articles mean nothing to me. Why do you want to fuck up a nice thread and a nice site anyway? Can't stand it, can you?
My argument is not that we didn't mess them up. I am not denying a Holocaust. I think it is a sad day in mankind's history. So is slavery, so is the many other atrocities that great, great, ancestors of both you and I have caused in the past. Damn the Egyptians for chasing us out of the valley.

But I would make this "history altering" claim if you said the pilgrims and Indians got along. Or if you claimed Columbus was a great explorer and not a land raping pirate out looking for more coastal lands to plunder.

I am not anti-Indian, just anti-false history. And saying the Indians lived in harmony with the land is only because the could not screw it up any more with the technology they had. But they made an good attempt at it.

It is not that I am trying to rain on anyone's parade but why don't people get taught the truth [in school and media]? Our history is one filled with hate, rage, destruction, abuse, and destroying everything around us. If we refuse to see where we have been, how will we ever rise above our past to a more civilized world?