Thread: FOUR MORE YEARS
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #99
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
"Pay Their Fair Share" is codespeak -- obfuscation if you'd rather -- for "legalize stealing it." It's an unsustainable shame. It will come to a bad end. Like as not, it will kill your pension as it does.
I count the days until you decide to grace the Cellar with one of your pithy comments again. It's always interesting to hear from one of the primodial ooze contingent.

So, if I understand you correctly, if the upper 2% in wealth have to pay taxes at the same rate as they did during the Clinton era, they will retaliate by cannibalizing the pensions of everyone else in the country.

I hate to be the one to inform you of this, but corporations and businesses are doing this already. At the same time, people like the head of Goldman Sachs are trying to raise the age to 70 at which people can apply for Social Security. Given that sort of attitude, I doubt if him and his buddies are in favor of seeing anyone get any sort of retirement fund to see them through their final years.

If you're so damned worried about your retirement fund, how do you think it would fare under a Republican administration which is opposed to any kind of government regulation in regard to pension funds or anything else some CEO might get it in his head to do?

As far as corporate America is concerned, businesses should be allowed to solve the retirement thing by just taking all its employees over age 60 and dropping them out a window on the 44th floor of corporate headquarters. Helps with the bottom line, you know?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote