View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #117
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

If I didn't think someone'd rat me out, I'd do it.
Now, if I saw kids in my practice ... I could totally have fun with it. Might even get it past the administration. A Robin Williams sort of thing.

One thing I might do, if I feel up to it ... I have a friend in PA who's been growing his hair for a year and a half in order to go down to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and let the kids on the oncology inpatient unit shave his head - he's going to donate the hair to Locks of Love. Very cool project. Maybe I should go along, be the 'Vanna White' girl who calls the kids up and gives them a turn shaving ... and at the end, whip off MY wig and let them sign my scalp in nontoxic marker. Could be fun.

One thing about the Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. They just built a new one, a beautiful building, but the architects made an extreme planning goof. They put beautiful big windows in the oncology ward, and the windows overlook ... a huge cemetery.

So they've replaced the clear glass with colored glass murals to block out the cemetery view. Nice.