View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #15
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
"easily startled person with anxiety disorder and a cardiac arrhythmia"

So, we have no phone, cell or other wise? If you're that concerned about being startled by a ringing/vibrating phone, how in the hell can you watch a movie? Of any kind, much less those creature features you talk about watching. Last movie I watched had lots of scary, loud, sudden sounds in it. Much scarier than a cell phone.
My household is currently in the minority, one land line, no cell lines. Our home phone is on the other side of a closed door, seldom rings more than twice a week, and is still capable of startling me quite badly.

As for movies, I watch most of them at home, where I often keep the volume low. A high re-viewing tolerance also helps, because after about the 3rd time overall even the jump-scares are predictable and I only have to pay attention to my favorite parts. For theater jaunts, I take tranquilizers first as is standard for me going to just about any social gathering including about half the times I actually make it to the gem club meetings.

To bring tech back into this, I'm thinking of going to a tablet when my desktop kicks off. Pretty sure modern full-size tablets are perfectly capable of running a terabyte or two on an external drive (where everything I write and photograph is currently backed up), and I plan to bug both of my tablet-addicted parents for details when I see them in July .
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote