View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

May 20th, 2017: Mr Rogers' Cardigans

And now for something completely different.

Quote:
Each square represents an episode and the approximate color of the sweater that Rogers wore. There were three episodes during this stretch when Rogers went without a sweater.
Some sweaters were worn once and then never again, like the neon blue cardigan Rogers wore in episode 1497. Others, like his harvest gold sweaters, were part of Rogers’ regular rotation and then disappeared. And then there were the unusual batch of black and olive green sweaters Rogers wore exclusively while filming the “Dress-Up” episodes in 1991. To this day, members of the Neighborhood Archive message board claim those are the only sweaters Rogers wore that were store bought. The rest were hand knit by his mother.

Quote:
As a ’90s kid, I associate Rogers with his red cardigan more so than any other sweater, so it was surprising for me to see that green is actually the color he favored the most — edging out red by a total count of 74 to 54. It turns out though, Rogers was red-green colorblind, so I like to think that some punk PA was messing with him and told Rogers they were both different shades of brown.
A noticeable pattern also shows up when you lay out the color of each sweater Rogers wore chronologically: Over time, Rogers ditched the pastels for darker, more saturated tones.

Quote:
Before every Urban Outfitters in the world was stocked full with cardigans, Rogers made them his signature accessory. His fashion-forwardness should inspire Mark Zuckerberg, the modern poster boy of the “work uniform” movement, to try and dress a little less like a fuckmook.
Fred was the coolest guy ever, he came and went after my time for kids shows but caught it occasionally and friends kids raved
(quietly of course) about it. Couldn't help but like the guy unless you're a sociopath... ot psychopath.
Not to be confused with Mr Robinson's Neighborhood.

link