View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
Cloud

Movie warning---yeah, I'm pissy about it!

One of my coworkers forwarded this "warning" about The Golden Compass movie, based on the books by Philip Pullman:

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Hey!
I thought I would share some information I received today. There is a movie, "The Golden Compass", coming out this Holiday season that is a "children's" movie; supposed to be opposite the Chronicles of Narnia that in the end children "kill God". The guy who wrote it hates C.S. Lewis and is a open atheist. Nicole Kidman is staring in this film! I just thought I would share, as this movie will be aimed at children and probably try to fool parents into thinking it is "harmless". Take a couple of minutes and click on the link to read about it.
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp
Blessings,

This really bums my butt. Warning the public that this movie is harmful to your children because of an anti-religious theme. Don't my co-workers know me at all? Why are they sending me this religious drivel?

. . . I think I'll use it as a recommendation. My children would LOVE to take their kids to a movie with an anti-religious theme.