View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #55
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
Would that be BEFORE he called the Tea Party "Teabaggers" in a public speech, or AFTER?

I heard that in an audio file today, and I was quite shocked that the President of the United States, would make such an offensive remark as that, in a public speech. It's not like he doesn't have speech writers, and notes, etc.

If you can't stay civil, you don't belong in politics.
Do you feel it is hypocritical to hold the President to a higher standard than the rest of our political "leaders"? I mean, they're free to spew some of the most vile, hatred filled, violence inducing statements I've ever had the misfortune to experience, all while hiding behind Christianity, but the President is expected to not only accept such filth, but stay absolutely neutral and dispassionate??

Conservative Hostility Liberal Hostility

You'll note that I included both liberals and conservative examples in my links. Personally, I am appalled and disgusted that people have the disrespect to speak about our President (any President) the way they do. You may not like or agree with him, but he is still our leader and representative to the world. If you actually care, then vote. But show some fucking respect.

As for the government shut down, Congress needs to forfeit their paychecks while this occurs. They barely work as it is and they have a hell of a lot of nerve making people work for free or go without a paycheck while they sit on Capital Hill and drink. I hope the American people vote every single ignoramus who allowed this to happen out of office next year.