View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 07:36 PM   #57
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound
So now she's trying a new approach of "Woe is me! Look at me! I'm in so much pain! I've made so many mistakes! Oh look I'm trying so hard to fix up my life by wasting hours on this message board. Oh boo hoo hoo I had sex when I was 12, never used bc and still don't use condoms. Do you forgive me yet or do I need to get more dramatic?"
I have to say that I can't disagree with this, not one bit. She made her bed, and now she's lying in it, but yet seems to want people to feel sorry for her and her situation...a situation that SHE WANTED! That's fine and dandy if that's what people want to do, but that's NOT going to be me. The best I can do is hope that the child isn't raised in a dysfunctional home.

Yes, people make mistakes and have come back stronger than ever from them. But, I will CONTINUE to get angry when I see people becoming statistics everyday. I get mad hearing about the teen who ends up dead because of drunk driving or hearing of yet ANOTHER teen pregnancy, I get mad when yet another black person ends up in trouble with the law and in jail, I get mad when yet another woman ends up hurt because she didn't leave that abusive man, and so on. MAYBE compassion for those people will come later (and that's a BIG maybe), but goddamnit my first reaction is always going to be pissy mad, P-E-R-I-O-D (especially when a problem could have been avoided if proper action had been taken in the first place!!).

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote