View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #38
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Okay, so I didn't end up getting them 100 prizes.
I never really expected to. It works out about 15-16 each, although I have fudged things a little by bundling some of Mum's. I've already admitted I found it harder to buy for Dad.

I haven't wrapped them yet. Following the excellent suggestion that I wrapped in tissue paper to make things easier for Dad to open, I realised it made the wrapped presents more fragile to transport. So I will wrap in the hotel, less potential ripping - I can just bundle things all in with my clothes.

The final reckoning. I may have to ETA this for a bit, as I had nearly finished the list previously - with links for things I thought were worth seeing/ were not easily explained for cultural reasons, when the library computer shut the Cellar down on me. It took me a while to recover, I can tell thee. Especially when I was hearing "We Wish You a Wombling Merry Christmas" for the fourth time.

Mum:
- 1 tin containing 2 smaller tins inside. was tempted to claimn one for my earplugs, but that would only mean I lost all of them at once instead of in pairs.
- 1 tin containing bodywash, facemask, shampooo & conditioner - bought before the cancer diagnosis obvs
- Ant & Dec celebrity masks
- Turkish Delight
- Selection of cards for her to send to friends for birthdays and encouragement - a bit more rudie than they sell in M&S!
- Miss Army Knife
- Queen For A Day inflatable crown - to match Dad's fro his birthday
- Poppy earrings, bought from Harrogate Show in the Summer
- Christmas bauble with body butter inside - bought after I knew she's have chemo to combat dry skin
- Vistaprint items - personalised mailing labels, post-its and notebook
- Diary for appointments - requested as the one I bought her last year was so useful
- Photo of me me me
- Raspberry Schapps with glitter, for when the girls come round
- Shot glasses for same (okay I won these in a raffle)
- Square egg press, put warm egg into it and it makes it into a cube to slice for sandwiches
- Chocolate egg & soldiers
- Decorative owl

Dad:
- Trainset in a tin
- Father Christmas glasses with attached moustache and beard
- Whisky truffles
- Dad's Army socks
- Dad's Army book
- Keyfinder - whistle and it beeps
- Glowsticks - mostly to lay on floor to bathroom when in unfamiliar places
- Glow in the dark tape - may help at home
- Re-usable handwarmers
- Wind-up hedgehog
- Scent spray for bathroom ("No Shit, Sherlock!")
- Tissues printed with £20 note symbols
- Glasses cleaning wipe which can be attached to a keyring
- Tank boiled eggcup with cutter for toast soldiers
- CD of Terry Wogan "Janet & John" stories from the Radio 2 morning show he always listened to

Last edited by Sundae; 12-22-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote