View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 03:25 PM   #317
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Here's an irony for all y'all; I'm not even supposed to be here. Not this thread specifically, nor the cellar, but the internet.
My use of the web has moved well past the unhealthy distraction phase to deeply in addiction territory. I don't mean cutesy 'addiction' like "OMG I'm addicted to mocha frappucinos" but capital A Addiction like, missing appointments because I was online, or being late for meetings, or spacing out my kid's award ceremony, not writing cover letters, letting everything lapse because I want to see what the next link will bring.

Ironically, again, the only 12 step meetings for internet or screen addiction are online...

I'm considering getting rid of my computer and only accessing the internet when necessary, at the library.

I'm going to look for another 12 step meeting around here that may be semi-relevant.

I've known I've had a TV addiction since I was about 18 and have not owned a TV in all that time. The few times I lived with housemates who've had TVs I would be up until 4, eyes bloodshot and crusty, exhausted before I finally caved in an went to bed, where I would have an experience that was almost like having the bedspins and I would wake up hungover.

Where I can set limits with booze and I think gambling is the stupidest fucking thing ever, I have never been able to moderate my consumption of this.

Just thought I'd share. Thanks