Thread: The Quest
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #102
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hey, me again.

Some explanation about that previous post.

I don't believe in jinxes, so I risked a bold prediction. They *will* hire me. It was a phone interview with the person who will decide, and it was about a half an hour of me talking about how I can do or have done the things he has on his plate. It was entirely favorable. "Well, that sounds really good." "I agree." "I've done that a couple times at X and Y." "So you have that experience, that's good." repeat repeat repeat... By the end of the call, we were practically making out. Metaphorically speaking.

There is a very good match of what they need to get done with what I have done. There is considerable overlap in what they're looking for in non technical terms and what I'm looking for in company culture. To my amazement, he brought up the subject of salary requirements near the end of our talk. This felt kinda like getting to second base on a first date. This was another area of agreement, what they had to offer and what I am expecting to be paid.

The last part of the conversation was DG saying he would pass on my information to their HR department so they could begin to process my paperwork. Another good sign I feel. Sure enough, twenty minutes later I get a message from the recruiter fellow DG said I'd hear from. We have arranged to meet/talk this week. Things are moving forward as though each party wants to make a deal.

I am very excited, but the literal truth is that I have not had an offer tendered to me. I believe they will make one, and soon. That will be fucking awesome.