View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #33
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

In truth, I probably write more than most people my age. I keep up a handwritten correspondence with people just for fun. And sometimes because I know how much more special it is to see an envelope on your doormat and know who it's from, rather than seeing it in your inbox. Case in point, my Mum's friend going through radiation treatment at present. I've sent her a card or a postcard every week, as I know she's low physically and emotionally, and can't make it out of the house some days. And yet she is internet savvy.

Maybe I just don't trust technology (or even electricity!) enough.
I have a hard-backed notebook with some important phone numbers and addresses in. I use it to write down appointments, shopping lists, workings out of what I need to pay and how much I'll have to pay it with, remind me of birthdays, things to tell Mum, questions to ask my support worker etc etc. I'm more likely to have it with me than I am my keys

I bashed up my phone the other week. It still works. But I worry that one day it will get grumpy about sharing my bag with various birdseed, books and bubbles and pack up completely. When I say back-up, I mean paper, baby.