View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 09:31 PM   #108
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cruise
...and I'm the only one that can really help.
This is the reason you think he should set political policy? In the immortal words of Michael Bloomberg, God help us. But perhaps, hopefully, you were being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump
I have joined the political arena so that the powerful can no longer beat up on people who cannot defend themselves. I have joined the political arena so that the powerful can no longer beat up on people who cannot defend themselves. Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it.
Should the same logic apply here? Hopefully.

I think Tom Cruise and Donald Trump are equally unqualified to set public policy, but I can disregard Tom Cruise with impunity; not so with Donald Trump.

The whole point about inequality and unfairness, maybe you get it, maybe you don't. Maybe you get it and you don't give a shit. Maybe you're focused on other people who are also suffering. Regardless, I'm not trying to educate you and I'm stopping trying to persuade you. If you're interested in my ideas, you'll ask. In the meantime, I wish you well in your work with the people who you care about most.

As for your hope that I'll stop talking about it, sorry. I'm gonna keep talking about it, here and in other places. Put me on ignore if it's that painful to you.