View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #28
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Having just been there in the wrong month (August in Florida sucks the life out of you) ...

I loved Disney, especially the Magic Kingdom. EPCOT was quite cool. Hollywood Studios superneat, Animal Kingdom was cool, but not as exciting as I had hoped it might be. Okay, Expedition Everest rocked. Fastpasses get handed out EARLY. If you want a fast pass for one of the more popular rides, you have to head straight for it as soon as you enter the park, because once they are all handed out, they are gone. One thing nobody tells you, is that you can arrive any time AFTER the time on your fastpass and get on, even if your pass is "expired."

Parkhopper is a fantastic option, especially if you decide you want to bumble around the Magic Kingdom during the day and then catch the monorail to EPCOT for their fireworks.

Oh, and another advantage of staying on a Disney property is that you get "Extra Magic Hours" ... you get into the park early, and you can stay late. There is a schedule posted. It is very cool to be bopping around in the Haunted House after midnight.

Disney Pin trading is a racket, but it is a fun racket, and cast members cannot refuse a trade. I will have to post a picture of my lanyard at some point.

Universal Studios ... my opinion only, YMMV ... stick to the Movie side, the other half is really just a conventional amusment park. Spiderman was okay, but The Simpsons was WAY better. DO NOT MISS Terminator, the Mummy, and Men in Black.

Express Pass at Universal is a ticket add-on, works for all the rides. It is worth it.

Sea World was magnificent. I did not go for the rides, I went to look at the fishies, sharks, and sundry and assorted sea mammals. I cried during Shamu. It was beautiful.

It's actually very convenient to stay at a Disney Site. I was at Old Key West, which was beautiful. You only need a vehicle if you're going to a non-Disney property. All the Disney Parks have either a Magic Mickey bus or a boat that will get you there.

Parking for The Magic Kingdom is off-site, you have to take the monorail to approach it.

I want to go back during a more sensible time of year. You know, one with temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, with no hurricanes.

Pretty much unedited vacation photos from Orlando.

Oh, and the Pirate Adventure Dinner is a heck of a lot of fun. Great entertainment, with audience participation.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis

Last edited by wolf; 10-09-2009 at 11:01 PM.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote