Thread: Sin City
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #17
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Once again, wolf nails it. See. This. Movie. In the cinema, if possible, dvd if not. I just saw it tonight, at the last chance theater for three dollars! I'll probably go see it again tomorrow. What a fucking grim show. I dug it.

So, wolf, how are the novels? I had not seen anything but the trailer online, 20 minutes before the movie. NO preconceptions, and it exceeded them spectacularly. Kind of reminded me of Pulp Fiction meets Kill Bill. The Dick Tracy connection works for me too.

I originally tried to entice young SonofV to attend with me, but his desire to play with his cousin exceeded my desire to have him with me. Well. THAT worked out nicely *shivers* NOT a kid movie. His "graphic novel" speed is stuck in Calvin and Hobbes gear, which is A-OK with me for the foreseeable future. Hell, I never grew out of Calvin.

Awesome film. Awesome. Will be added to my corner of the home library of films. The small corner that is inhabited by films no one else in the house knows or cares about. Films *I* get because *I* like them. Hehehe...bitchin movie.