View Single Post
Old 01-30-2001, 03:54 PM   #3
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Re: Another take on Napster

Quote:
Originally posted by wst3
Very interesting fact about Fedex vs. the USPS... I don't know if it is on point, but it is close.

I seem to be the only one here who really believes that it is wrong to steal from artists, so this will be my last post on the topic... the majority rules<G>!
Which means wst3 was never reading my posts carefully. I never said it was right, or moral, or legal, or polite, or ethical, or acceptable to steal from artists. Indeed, they will be the victims of a system that is self-destructing. Allow me also to verbally chastise, to openly rebuke, to publically condemn Dagnabit's self-serving, anti-society, corrupt concepts of legalized stealing - expecially when software is so inexpensive.

That is a problem with his perspective. Corrupt mentalities will say that is it legal to steal the gasoline because prices are so high. IOW they conveniently forget even basic facts. Gasoline is still cheaper than it was in the 1970s and through most of history. In fact, gas prices are too extremely low. IOW the 'justification for theft' is a classical example of thinking using the head between the legs rather than the one on the shoulders; using emotion rather than logic to think with.

The first post in this thread is a classic example of one justifying his theft.

Perspective is important here - as in everything else. Where as Napster is symptoms of a mismanaged, overly top heavy, anti-innovation industry; that does not justify stealing - from the perspective of the individual user. I believe most readers never understood the important concpet of perspective in my 'too long' posts. I believe wst3 has failed to understand the importance of that perspective. Dagnabit's perspective is classic, immoral corruption - not to be confused with an economic perspective of why Napster exists.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote