Thread: Paris attacks
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 02:38 AM   #101
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Are these refugees coming in under asylum? I thought they were coming here under humanitarian circumstances. Either way I'd read in several places finding out their religion was part of the vetting process, but nobody said any particular religion would be a disqualifier. Bearing in mind this was not official policy but internet scuttlebutt, however if it is a disqualifier, I should think one camp or the other would have brought it up.

That National Review link says...
Quote:
There is no right to emigrate to the United States. And the fact that one comes from a country or territory ravaged by war does not, by itself, make one an asylum candidate. War, regrettably, is a staple of the human condition. Civil wars are generally about power. That often makes them violent and, for many, tragic; but it does not necessarily make them wars in which one side is persecuting the other side.
This started as a civil war but has long grown out of that, I think there's probably more non-Syrians than natives at this point. I mean this is Hobbit shit, battle of the 5 armies territory.
Quote:
In the case of this war, the Islamic State is undeniably persecuting Christians. It is doing so, moreover, as a matter of doctrine. Even those Christians the Islamic State does not kill, it otherwise persecutes as called for by its construction of sharia (observe, for example, the ongoing rape jihad and sexual slavery). To the contrary, the Islamic State seeks to rule Muslims, not kill or persecute them.
This is were he goes astray, he has no idea what he's taking about. First, the Islamic state is ISIS, not Syria although they are one of the players there. Under ISIS' 7th century version of the teachings, Christian are not the enemy to be persecuted as long as they pay a tribute, and recognize ISIS right to rule. The #1 enemy is Muslims who refuse to submit to ISIS and toe the line. Those Muslims must die first, which means these refugees are in danger.

Here's ISIS' reasoning.