View Single Post
Old 12-21-2001, 03:44 PM   #1
Dygytyz
Writer of Writings

Merry Whatever the Hell

Well, it's getting close to going home time for me. 4PM sure doesn't seem to come quickly enough when you have a four-day weekend staring in on you from the snowy climes of downtown Salt Lake City. The snow this weekend's going to be AMAZING. Nice and white. Hopefully the sun will come out this weekend and bring the deer out into the open to look for water. Now's the best time of year to spot wildlife. I can't wait to eye-bag me a moose from 50 yards... The snow's so deep that the state gub'mint thinks we're going to have to feed the wildlife this year to keep them from starving and moving into the suburbs - like the Californians - so there'll be more to shoot next year I suppose... Californians, that is.

I've got my snowshoes all tightened up and I've got a new pair of boots coming tomorrow. The minute those boots make it, I'm outside on the planks and making tracks. Tomorrow sounds like a ten mile day - blisters from breaking the new boots in be damned. Just me and the sticks and the trees and the new fallen snow. The sound of my shoes floating on the powder, the rhytmic beat of my heart and breathing, the chill at the edges of my face.

Man, does it get any better than that? You should all be jealous of me and hang yourselves now, or come shoeing with me.

Well, just in case I don't see any of you the rest of the day:

Christians = Merry Christmas
Jews = Happy Hannukah
African/Americans = Killer Kwanza
Moslems - Have a nice Ramadan?
Agnostics - Merry... *sigh* I give up. *sob*
Atheists = Have a Great 4 Day Weekend. Thank Jesus.

...D
Dygytyz is offline   Reply With Quote