Thread: Virtual Forks
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 06:50 AM   #119
glatt

My son has long hair. It’s driving him crazy right now as the temperature warms up. I was in need of a haircut just before this lockdown, and missed the chance. It’s too late now to see a barber until June 10th. That’s too far away.

So my son and I have been studying YouTube videos on how to cut hair. We discuss the techniques we see being used. We’re really taking it seriously. I have been on Amazon, looking at their hair clippers and scissors. They won’t ship either until May or June. So I ordered some scissors from a third party seller.

My son thinks he wants a buzz cut. He had a buzz cut in 2006 when he was 4, so I dug our the external drive and found the pictures of that haircut to show him. So the whole family was looking at these awesome pictures, and wanted to see more. We spent a long time going through pictures of 2006, and it was a great nostalgic journey.

And then we got to a picture of me in front of a computer monitor, and lumberjim was on the computer screen. Behind him was another computer monitor with somebody else in front of their monitor.

I said “oh yeah, I‘ve got a Zoom call with my Cellar friends at 4:00” and I looked up at the clock which said 4:40. Oops.

And then I realized that if I wanted to join the tail end of the call, I would have to kick my family off the laptop and stop the little trip down memory lane. I couldn’t do that.

I’m sorry I missed the call.

I’ll make it up by posting a video of me getting a hair cut and me giving my first haircut. Once the scissors arrive.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote