View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #128
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
all is well. yay.

Ali--I meant "exposed" to such crap. They don't have to see the impact to feel an impact, if you see what I mean. You haven't been there, (I guess) but you've heard of it, they can hear of it too. Regardless, this kind of behavior is wrong, and it's sad and aggravating and harmful to the kids as well. Parents are models.
Well, I have been there V. That's one of the reasons why I left their father.

I just thought he might have changed by now. Learned his lesson. You know, that thing smart people do when their life keeps going to shit?

I have protected them from it all their lives. He's been like this with every woman he's been with. He's even had a couple of DVO's (domestic violence orders) against him in the past.

So, I'm glad he's not having them this Christmas. Particularly now I know that his wife is definitely leaving him soon. I spoke to her again last night and she's told her mother everything and has been encouraged to go back home to Samoa so the family can look after her and the baby. I think that's the best idea of all. He still has no idea any of this is going on, which is probably for the best.

The kids have known about his violence since they were very small. Unfortunately when someone behaves that way, kids know because no matter how hard you try, that person will always lose it when you think everything is fine. Fortunately he's never physically abused them, but they are both afraid of his bullying.