View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
What am I missing here. I'm probably not understanding.
My search for "usb wall outlet" turns up wall outlets that "charge" USB devices.

Even if I do have wifi, isn't this concept going to require a wire running from each devise to a nearby wall plug ?
Or, is this include a way to distribute TV and network signals via the house-hold wiring, itself ?
If your wifi is set up, and your device supports wifi, then you don't need any cable for internet, but you will need a power cable unless it runs on batteries. The USB charging wall outlet allows you to use a USB cable instead of a wall wart.

Television is a different story. You will need a direct coaxial connection to the cable box, so at least that one will need two cables. Some DVRs may then be able to stream video, or you could get something like a SlingBox to get he video to another device.

There are ways to use household wiring for internet, but that essentially puts an ethernet jack on the outlet, and two cables are still needed from that outlet to the device, so if wifi is viable, it is probably better, if your goal is minimizing wires.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote