View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #1051
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

My skin graft totally failed. Came right off with the dressing change today. So now I'm an add-on to the surgery list for Monday afternoon for a second try at a graft, local anesthetic only so I can drive home. Write an exam in the morning, quarterly evaluation at noon, surgery later, home. I'll have a ginormous disgusting vacuum-drain that I'll have to literally carry around in a little black case - the tech simpers and says, 'it's just like a purse!'. Uh huh. I'll have a great time teaching the med students next week, lugging that around.

My total-body scan was a little equivocal, too. Some nodes that look positive but may be inflammatory, since it's only 5 weeks post-surgery. An AC joint that's hot on one side only; the radiologist says degenerative, which is cool, but I've never personally seen a degenerative joint that lit up lit a bonfire on only one side. So, whatever.

I'm so ready for something, anything, to go right in this medical snafu. Going to take a nap and try to forget about this stuff.