View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #234
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Went to dinner with my parents last night. It will be their 30th anniversary on Jan 25th and they're goin back to their honeymoon spot. I know from previous stories that my mom and dad eloped. From my previous understanding they met in Florida, fell in love, and then my dad decided he needed to move for a job. He told my mom that he didn't know where he was gonna end up, but he would send for her when he got there. Mom squashed that idea, told him she was going with him. I assumed that is when they traveled to back to Texas and got married in the Wylie courthouse.

Mom was talking about how they met in Florida and how she only spent 3 months in key west. She left for Florida on July 4th, met dad and they moved back here in October. I thought about it for a second, and went "Wait, you got married in January, that means you lived together before marriage!"
They had never told us this before, and they were outraged when I moved in with my boyfriend without getting married. They always claimed it was horrible for a person/relationship.

I am so freaking amused by their hypocrisy. Every time I think about it I smile and chuckle...