View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 09:53 AM   #47
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
It depends on your definition of alt-right! Originally it meant the revolting white nationalists, including nazi Richard Spencer who apparently coined the term. But many people heard the term out of that context, and came to believe it describes some different vague righty group. At this point, Ben Shapiro is often described as alt-right. Shapiro is an orthodox Jew. The white nationalists hate him.
But allowing the term to describe some different vague righty group allows you to claim that the people you are describing are Nazis. Hence it allows you to tag people you disagree with as the worst people on earth. This is extremely false, and extremely bad, but it has been allowed to happen by people who should know better.

Today New Zealand's major book retailer banned Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules For Life".

We have entered the book-burning phase of the Brown Scare.

There is absolutely nothing political about the book. It's basically a self-help book peppered with Peterson's observations. Everyone should read it, it's 100% wonderful. I have, and I feel it has done nothing short of improving my life. Peterson isn't even all that righty. He's a traditionalist if you could say anything about him.

Meanwhile, book they did not ban, still on the shelves: Mein Kampf.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote