View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who blanched at the Navy suggestion. It just sounds uncomfortable. I like dark and light greys, I also look good in olive and sage green, but it is easy to fuck that one up so I'd probably not be able to find the right shade.

As for pattern, I don't like it. An interesting weave, yes.

I won't be sitting in an office much, nor attending weddings. It will mosre than likely be while working in a corporate setting, photographing. I want the suit to say "I am a professional, while I may not be in the same branch of service, I am at least equal to you in rank." For people who don't need suits to tell them that, they'll figure that out by my work.

I know it may sound lame, but I've had plenty of experiences where I'd be at a corporate gig over a period of a few days and because of the nature of where we were shooting, I'd go from jeans to khakis to suits and the same people I'd been working with didn't recognize me. In jeans you would become invisible.

Anyway. I need to be prepared.

I'm still shopping. Price is a question. I once was at Syms (where an educated consumer, etc. etc.) and after looking at literally hundreds of men's pants, I finally found a pair which I felt had a really nice cut, excellent sewing, wonderful fabric, the color was just ok, hence why they were still unsold. Well, that and the price. Marked down to $475 from $2300. For a pair of pants.

I have good taste. Or expensive taste.

Looking at J. Press, Jos. Banks, Jones, Aboud, and a couple of others, it seems that suits range from $200 to $800. I guess I'd need to see them in person.

One other suit buying guide mentioned European cuts as being best for men who are trim and fit, suggesting that before you buy a European cut be sure you are trim and fit and not planning in gaining weight... har