View Single Post
Old 02-04-2002, 02:46 PM   #19
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL
Why aren't you lobbying for alcohol prohibition? Oh...I see...alcohol has a useful purpose....for you.
No, you very clearly do not.

First, let's define useful, because you are very obviously not using it in the same way I am.

To me, useful is having a beneficial or practical use, or helping to complete a need. For example: cars are useful because they take you from one place to another. Guns are useful because they protect you from those looking to do you and your loved ones harm. Toilets are useful because they remove your bodily waste and therefore reduce the spread of disease.

Alcohol is useful 'cause... oh wait.

Cocaine is useful because... hmmmm...

Heroin is useful because... uhhhhh.....

Psilocybin is useful because... well, dammit...

Marijuana is useful because... hey, doesn't it maybe help with glaucoma? And doesn't it generally give users the munchies, which can help chemotherapy patients who have lost their appetites (and therefore, far too much weight)?

Hence my usage of the word <b>MOST</b>. I didn't claim that none did, and I didn't say that we should ban the ones that I don't feel are particularly useful. I did say something about legalizing all (yes, ALL) of them. Fine point though. Touché. Really.

Now, your astonishingly ignorant comment about alcohol serving a useful purpose to me: <b>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?</b> How do you figure, Maggie? WHAT FUCKING EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE? Oh yeah, that's right, <b>I DON'T FUCKING DRINK ALCOHOL, and I NEVER WILL</b>. What useful purpose? Or were you just <b>MAKING SHIT UP</b>? 'Cause I seem to remember being, oh, <b>REALLY FUCKING STRONGLY AGAINST ALCOHOL USE</b>. That was a GREAT example. You really nailed me on that one! Never been drunk, only tasted alcohol once when I was about 8 and my dad gave me a taste of his beer. Never done drugs. Have been sober my entire life. <b>Fuck off</b>.

Quote:
Being that drunk *does* merit a death sentence when you get behind the wheel of a car
Wow. We agree. But since the executioner didn't know that his neighbor, the executed, had been driving while drunk, it really is <b>WHOLLY FUCKING IRRELEVANT</b>. It doesn't matter if the fucker was a goddamn kiddie rapist, because BANGING ON SOMEONE'S DOOR REALLY LOUD IS NOT (AND SHOULD NOT BE) A CAPITOL CRIME.

Quote:
It irritates and angers me when sombody decides that the way to deal with stupid or evil actions by other people is to try to restict my personal freedom in some pointless, arbitrary way.
Hey, me too. I don't like showing ID when I write a check either. Guess what? <b>IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER BECAUSE THAT'S NOT WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT</b>. We were talking about repealing some drug laws while considering that maybe letting those with a history of violence while under the influence of cocaine have said drug might be a bad idea. You'll notice that I didn't say <b>what</b> steps we should take to prevent them. Of course, that doesn't stop you from jumping the gun and making statements based upon ignorance and your misinterpretation of what I said.

Quote:
And I've *never* asserted it was because I was "lucky"; you're making that one up. It's not luck.
I didn't say you did. <b>I</b> said you were lucky. Your words are quoted, and always will be. My sincerest apologies for you not understanding what I very simply wrote. I don't blame you though - understanding grammar and writing style requires more thought than a Pepsi commercial.

Quote:
You seem to live in a world of magic and luck, where *things* are evil or stupid rather than *people*.
You seem to be mentally retarded, because I've never said that "things" were evil - simply that some substances, when coupled with the right persons, can produce undesired results. It's not the substance's fault, and I never said it was. But I fail to see how making such substances readily available to said people is beneficial to society as a whole or any person as an individual. Your cloud of bullshit can be awful blinding...

Quote:
Simply because it's easier to make laws about things rather than behaviors doesn't mean it's the best way to regulate society and protect people.
Wow, yeah. I see your point. I also recall never saying that it was, and I think I remember maybe saying something about legalizing drugs while taking steps to prevent <b>behaviors</b>. Of course, you argue my point and then turn around and say the same thing. I'm gratified. I'm also placing you on my ignore list, because you're a waste of my time. Have a good one.