View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

June 14th, 2014: Yuge Organ

Who has the biggest organ in the world? No, not me (blush), not John Holmes, not even Roberto Esquivel Cabrera.
It’s Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall.

Quote:
Atlantic City’s Historic Boardwalk Hall is proud to proclaim several amazing firsts – and official “largests” as designated by The Guinness Book of World Records.
Fact: When completed in 1929, the Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall was the world's first and largest full-service convention facility.
Fact: The majestic structure of that historic hall was the largest in the world to be built without roof posts and pillars.
Fact: Boardwalk Hall also houses an enormous musical treasure: the Midmer-Losh Pipe Organ, which was then and is still today the biggest organ in the world.

Quote:
The Guinness Book of World Records recognized the Midmer-Losh with multiple entries:
Largest pipe organ in the world based on the number of pipes – more than 33,110 in 449 ranks
Loudest musical instrument/loudest organ stop – with sound described as “a pure trumpet note of ear-splitting volume”
The only organ to have stops that run on record air pressure (100”) – about 30 times more than a normal organ stop
One of only two organs in the world with a true non-digital, acoustic 64-foot stop, the Grand Ophicleide stop is unique in the organ world because it’s a reed-flue hybrid
Largest musical instrument ever constructed – with eight organ chambers and nine 32-foot stops (stops are the components that control the amount of pressurized air going into the pipe chamber)
The biggest console with seven manuals [keyboards] and 1,200+ stop-keys complete with orchestral instruments, from flute to violin.

This is the second try, I didn't save the first one and had to gather everything again. Couldn't even find my original link.

link