View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #11
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
OK, I'm looking at this more closely now and I don't understand what's happening. The cam lever presses against the shoe and locks the slide in a particular position.

The video isn't working for me, but is there a pin near the end of that slide that acts as a pivot point for the circles? By unlocking the cam lever, you slide the pivot point closer to or farther from the blade?
That's correct. The pivot pin is supposed to be perpendicular to the blade in line with the front of the teeth, although I find it works better when it is lined up with the gullet. Too far in or not far enough in causes the blade to pull out or push in, throwing the roundness off.

I'll take a few stills with close ups so you can see what is going on. Duginske talks about circle jigs in his book.

After using it for a while I've come up with a few ideas to make it even more handy, I made rule markings at 1/2" intervals and then brought them down and connected them to a perpendicular so I can easily take a square block and by setting the edges along the ruled lines the pin is automatically in the center of the block.