View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #157
glatt

The next day, Sunday 7/31/16, I spent another 2.5 hours working on this.

I started with a first for me. I actually found that a Dremel tool was the exact tool I needed to do the job. That never happens. I used a carbide carving tip to smooth out the holes I had drilled on the drill press. A chisel would have been better if the part was bigger, but with this tiny thing, a Dremel was best. A file or rasp would have been great, but mine were all too big to fit in the hole.
Name:  IMG_7538.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  139.2 KB

This is the blade guides assembled to see how they fit. Pretty nice looking. I'm happy with them.
Name:  IMG_7541.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  138.0 KB

And here, I've used the two drywall screws to mount them to the larger block. I failed to take a picture of drilling the long hole for the bolt that holds the bearing. I also tapped that hole with the threading tool as deep as it would reach. About an inch. And then I took another bolt with the same threads and drove it down into the hole, in and out with the impact driver and basically burned the rest of the threads into the maple block. The friction was so great that smoke was coming out of the other end of the hole.
Name:  IMG_7543.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  108.5 KB

The bearing can be moved forward and backward by turning that bolt head with a screwdriver. It is supported in the rear with a nut you can't see in the picture. And the side blade guides can be moved in and out to just touch the sides of the blade.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote