View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #121
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by jinx
Oh, oh, I have one. How about if one innocent person is executed, then you'll agree to be executed too, to make it all better! Life for a life thing, you know?

Ok folks: I think that what Lady Sidhe is trying to say is that those who are 100% GUILTY...for instance, the horrible "person" that OnyxCougar mentioned that murdered Steven...he wasn't even sorry that he did what he did (if I have the story correct). So, it would be "wrong" to feel that that criminal should die a painful and horrible death??? WHY??? Not everyone who feels this way is destined to a life of horrible pain and suffering (just like not every woman who gets an abortion is so full of remorse and anguish). I say Let The Victim's Family/Friends Feel How They Want To Feel..my God, how RUDE would it be for someone to go up to a victim's loved one and say, "You are being irrational for feeling the way you do! Stop it now!" I'd be goddamned if someone came up in my face talking such mess!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote