View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 03:38 AM   #8
SPUCK
Professor

I had no idea printers noticed, but dang what a timely IOD Bruce!

My daughter is in HI for the summer. Her Granddad sends her letters and mullah. Instead of trying to send it on to her I open it scan it and scan the front of the letter and whatever bits of the $s in the letter so she sees what-all came in/on/with the letter. Damned if every time I try to scan the envelope with money corners the scanner scans along then craps-out completely around the end with the money!

This has happened with two letters. I chalked it up to the scanner not understanding what the page size was since there is no standard size 8-1/2 by 11 etc associated with my sort-of free-form scan job. I bet it's this money recognition thing. Lawyers must have got to the printer companies and told them they could find themselves in court with some sleezeball if they don't protect themselves.

I must investigate deeper. The enormous bloatware that printer drivers have become recently (easily the largest most bloated drivers to ever get near PCs) may be because of this need to recognize all sorts of denominations.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote