View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 12:02 AM   #513
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

One more note.... The Corbin seat I got needs 2000-3500 miles to 'learn' your ass. Miles equate to minutes in my mind, so I did some math. Assuming, somewhat arbitrarily, that the average Mph I do is 45 mph, 2000 miles comes to appx 44 hours.

If I get the bike back on the road by July 15th, that's only 4.3 weeks until we go for the long ride vacation dad's 75th birthday party trip. I would need to do 10 hours a week to break it in in time.

So I've been cheating. I put the lift under the bike and Jack it up just enough that it sits level. A board across the luggage rack simulates the rear fender mounting position. So I'm into my 3rd hour of preseason break in. I'm also using this time to work on some songs on the guitar so my dad and I can entertain the atendees of the birthday party weekend.

We rented a Manor in Lynchburg VA. The NC and PA/MD branches of the family will meet there in mid August. After it breaks up, Amanda and I will have 4 more days to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway again.

So, it's weird to be sitting in my driveway or garage, on a skeletal motorcycle playing a travel size guitar

... unless you know the back story.

... Ok, it's weird even if you know why I'm doing it. Meh. I'm ok with weird.

Last edited by lumberjim; 06-23-2016 at 12:08 AM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote