Thread: Volcano aurora
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 08:18 PM   #11
dave

Here, Jon Tabor. I created a background image for you.

I hope you enjoy it.

Now... maybe you get the idea. If not, let me clarify for you...

The ugly text is NOT the only way we know who took the picture. Some nice, pretty text, small and out of the way, would be another way we could know who took the picture. Imagine that.

Regardless of who took it, having a big fucking ugly name plastered on it kind of removes it from the category of "art", at least in the opinion of myself and many I know. I don't want a piece of shit for a desktop wallpaper - I want a piece of art. That's what I strive to create when I make background images. Guess what? I put my name, real small like, down in the corner. It's much easier to enjoy when there isn't some big fucking text over the image. I don't want some guy's name real huge on my desktop. No one does.

Now. As a somewhat amateur photographer and a "computer artist" who has done countless image manipulations throughout the years and has created hundreds of backgrounds, I know I would be pissed <b>if someone wrote my name all over an image such that it took away from the beauty</b>. I would be pissed if people couldn't appreciate my creation (or the image I captured) because some fugly text was all over it.

Credits have a place in art - in a corner where no one will see them unless they look. Hence van Gogh never writing "VINCENT VAN GOGH 1885" in the middle of one of his paintings.