View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #89
glatt

Saturday 5/21/16 - 1 hour

I did some measuring of the frame and temporarily fit the lower shaft mounting block to the frame in its exact location.
Name:  IMG_4716.JPG
Views: 210
Size:  115.2 KB
I marked the location for drilling the holes for the lag bolts and then drilled them.
Name:  IMG_4717.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  93.6 KB

Sunday 5/22/16 – 5 hours. I got a big chunk of time this day to make some progress.

I had left the frame only partially constructed so a drill could fit into the space where the holes would be drilled for those lag bolts. Now it was time to finish gluing up the rest of the frame.
I had to trim some of the pieces I had pre cut because they were a millimeter or two too long for the frame as I had glued it up.
Name:  IMG_4719.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  115.2 KB

And this is the completed frame all glued up.
Name:  IMG_4742.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  109.8 KB
You are looking at the underside of the foot of the frame. That wide glued up slab is where the motor will be mounted. It looks a little uneven, and not exactly flat. In hindsight, I should have tried to glue it up on a solid surface. Oh well, if it is wobbly, I can shim it as needed to make it sturdy. I guess that’s the nice thing about making this myself out of wood. I can always add wood or take wood away as needed to make things flat and square.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote