Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 06:04 AM   #370
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I just read a little article about season 2 of Lucifer and it pissed me off.

Spoilers for the season finale so put in white:

In the finale, after Lucifer returns from Hell, we learn that someone has escaped hell and is loose in the world - his mother...so now there is speculation about which actress will play Lucifer's mum. This is the article that pissed me off:

"Now which TV or movie actress would get the role of Luci’s mom? As of the Season 1 finale, it was not revealed whether Luci and Amenadiel share the same mother. Regardless, the show bosses could choose a young early 20s or older mid 40s actress to play the role. Age should not be an issue, but assuming Luci’s mother is bad, then she must be vain to the core. One of the most crucial criteria then should be an undeniably strong presence."

Apparently, it is beyond our collective imagination that the woman playing the mother of Tom Ellis's character be older than mid-40s - when he himself is 39. And yes, I get that as immortals that rules might be a bit different, but I don't really think that's what is going on here. It's the usual bullshit of women over 45 being basically invisible as far as Hollywood is concerned. If they were casting someone to play the father of an immortal who is played by a 39 year old man, I fucking guarantee they'd go for an older man, probably in his 50s or 60s
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote