View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 11:28 PM   #11303
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I've worked really hard over the last couple of months and it's starting to pay off. Most of my weeks I'm taking around $1000 worth of orders or more. My target is $1500 steady by the end of the year, so it looks like it should be achievable. This is because I am asking a bit more for most of my cakes, and also because I'm producing more intricate styles which allow me to ask a premium price. Ideally, I'd like to get to a stage where I only have 3 or 4 orders each week, but they're all worth about $500. At the moment, I do probably 7 or 8 orders per week with only one being in the price range I'm targeting. This means a lot of remembering to order bits and pieces from my suppliers etc. Obviously with only 3 or 4 designs to think about, there's a lot less running around, which leads to more profit. It's been a good first quarter though, and my business account is starting to look good. I'm hopeful it will be good enough to allow me to buy a new (second hand) car for work before long.

I'm mostly happy that I don't have any orders this week, so I get to have a breather over the easter break.