View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #11254
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I just bled my radiators. I've never bled radiators before. Now that my gas and electric are on a pay as you go meter, I've had to start being far more energy conscious (by no means a bad thing - really wish I'd gone pay as you go years ago) and am basically not using my gas heater at all. I am instead relying exclusively on the central heating which is much more energy efficient. Trouble is the radiators haven't been bled since the current boiler was fitted 8 years ago. The upstairs radiators were barely working.

I looked up a how-to guide and it seemed simple enough (tho I've been burned before on that kind of assumption). Borrowed a radiator key and ...

It was so easy! Done and dusted in ten minutes, including the time to repressurise the boiler in between each radiator. And only one of the three radiators squirted vile brown liquid at me, at a sharp upwards angle that totally bypassed the rag I was using.

Now the upstairs of my house has working radiators. And I feel quite pleased with myself for doing something I'd never done before and which sounded horribly technical and hands-on until I actually looked up how to do it.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote