View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #1415
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yesterday, Momdigr decided to cook pinto beans.

In the middle of her routine, we get both a phone call, and a personal visit informing us we will have no water for the next few hours, as the water dept is installing a new water main nearby. As Murphy dictates, the beans started to go dry, and needed a little water. No problem, there's probably some residual pressure in our pipes. Nope. Nothing. From any tap.

Then I saw the lightbulb turn on over Momdigr's head. She digs around for a minute, and, Viola!, produces a bottle of water, pours it in the beans, crisis averted.

A few minutes later there's a smell wafting through the house, that's not just beans. It's not an offensive smell, just different. Momdigr let's out an "Uh-oh."

She goes to the trash can and retrieves the bottle, which she shows to me and Popdigr.

Grape-flavored water.

You could taste that something wasn't quite right with the beans, but, if I hadn't known what it was, I wouldn't have been able to say what the taste was. The beans were totally edible, just different.

We had a good laugh and ate grape-flavored pinto beans for supper.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote