Thread: School or Scam
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 07:27 PM   #5
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Agweed

In public schools nowadays, i know from experience since I'm a high school senior, kids are unknowingly taking part in a new trend of "flash learning". They learn and absorb the information just long enough to pass the test/class/quiz what have you. Then, by the next month, 70% of all the knowledge they supposedly attained is lost because they ahve no reason to keep interest in the subject. From talkin to my grandparents, back in the day they knew that they had to get as much out of their schooling as possible because they had seen what kind of road you can go down when you become just another person in the ignorant masses.
Many kids these days just want the peice of paper that says "Hey you've let the info go in one ear, stay long enough to pass, and out the other" otherwise known as the diploma/degree.
I also know from talking to many college students that all they want is to get a good job and they don't really care about what they learn.
Basically what i'm trying to say is that we need to do somthing fast in order to save these kids from failing themselves. They have the potential to be so much more, but the only motivation they have is to get the grade and end with that.