View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 07:41 AM   #3
Snakeadelic
Banned

I wonder if they know they can probably have the lambs DNA tested...I'd be very interested to know if they tested as 'clones' of their mother. I've been studying taxonomy, zoology, and ecology on my own since I could read, and while I have heard of a verified, DNA-tested foal out of a female mule (turned out to be 3/4ths donkey, which made sense since it was born in an area where horses are much less common than donkeys and mules) I have yet to see published evidence of parthogenesis in mammals.

To quote the Wikipedia article, parthogenesis "is a natural form of asexual reproduction in which growth and development of embryos occur without fertilization." It IS known in the wild, but mostly from simpler life forms such as several members of the whiptail lizard family.

Under the heading of "THIS is where you find a plot hole/botched important detail in THIS movie?", when Matthew Broderick's character described the 1998 American Godzilla (a/k/a GINO--Godzilla In Name Only and also The Jay Leno Lizard) as reproducing 'asexually', he should have said 'parthogenetically'.

I'll keep an eye out for further news of the Christmas conundrum lambs!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote