Thread: Arrow
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #8
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I just watched the last episode of Arrow til after christmas. Man that was intense!

i'm liking this series. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I have. Lasr season I enjoyed, but it meandered a bit and some of the story threads left me a bit cold. I'm likely in the minority of fans of the show who found the League a bit tiresome. They're ok in small doses, but all that delving into their mythology and wandering round that citadel didn't do it for me. And, as good as they look when they have a bunch of them together moving in sync, as soon as there's any actual fighting, 90% of the league seem to suck pretty bad.

I liked the way it tied up though and it shook up the group dynamics in a nice way. What was making me a touch dubious about this season was the move to Green Arrow and what appeared to be a lightening of the tone, which I didn't particularly want. I really, really don't like the Flash. Though I more or less enjoy them, my least favourite Arrow episodes are the crossovers. As it turns out the new tone is lighter in some ways and darker in other ways. I'm liking it.

This last episode though - man they've really upped their game. Stylishly done.

Still don't like the new costume though. The sleeveless look is a bit wank.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote