Thread: Weird News
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #3321
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I can see where that study comes from, and where it wants to go, but like all studies it's built on numbers and points the author gets to choose. That's why scientific papers have the peer review thing, to make sure the author's bias isn't steering the study. Hence the origin of, "Figures don't lie, but liars can figure".
I'm not saying this is the case here, but validating or refuting, requires dissecting the methodology, which I haven't done, so I can't yea or nay on that study.

Of course most people would take the position does it agree with what I think feel, or not.

Your objection to UT's (over)use of ghetto, is probably because you don't deal with them very often... UT and I do. We know that's where the action is. There's an occasional shooting in the 'burbs/boondocks, but the almost daily action is in one of the low-rent areas of Philly, Camden, Chester, etc... the ghettos. It's not color, there's plenty of white, yellow and black folks there, it's residents are there for economic and/or mental health reasons.