View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #366
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceur View Post
Couldn't you least have the good humor to include:
"tl-dr: How dare you would say that women would react by feeling the act of judging women for who they are as people is insidious and revolting, I feel your judgement is insidious and revolting!".

Look, if you want to dismiss it as anecdotal evidence at best, that I can understand. The control for myself was actually checked - this is not the first time I asked anyone else to do it and I did get feedback last time, but the truth is that while I did get feedback on people recreating the experiment itself I never got anyone to recreate the control or understand why it's needed - so the control for the type of questions asked was checked on a rather limited basis.
This is quite a higher level of scrutiny then I ever seen you use towards your own notions or even notions from others that you are more comfortable with, so the reason for why you are explaining the dismissal of them aren't genuine, but to a limited extent they are still somewhat applicable.

If you take issue with the generalization about how "all guys" pass judgement, I'll point you again to the fact the only people so far who have made that generalization in characterizing it as "behaving like women" were you and sundae - this started with me making an internal judgement with a friend and we are both guys, so it doesn't actually make much sense to think I am saying that not doing so characterizes "all guys".

Your issue with dishonesty and ulterior agenda's is being very dishonest with not just me and everyone else but with yourself considering the clear leeway you give your own dishonesty when the agenda for it were your own, but the message of lowering my expectations is well received.
Right, I am now thoroughly confused.

Firstly, the tl;dr - makes no sense. My point had nothing to do with the content of your findings. I have no idea whether 'women' would find that particular set of circumstances uncomfortable. Secondly - I haven't set my observations out as some kind of psych test. I feel no need to apply a scientific method. It's just stray observations of the people I have met over the years and the interactions we've had. You are the one taking stopwatches to dinner parties to see how long it will take to drive your test subjects from the table.

Quote:
As far as your friend, that resonates with my own experience as well, but that for me is the problem - the fact it took a divorce to get me to the point of having to face the need for judging them on whether they are decent human beings in the first place. The very fact that it was "an innovation" in how to treat or think of women and that it was not viewed or even accepted as part of the norm for guys to do (As you are demonstrating right now
I really don't understand how I am demonstrating this. And I think the fact it took a divorce for you to start judging women as human beings is kind of scary.

Last edited by DanaC; 10-17-2015 at 12:10 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote